Cosmetic Dentistry in Wichita, KS
Cosmetic dentistry is more than just getting a pretty smile—it’s about improving the way you feel about yourself. A beautiful, well-proportioned smile can make you look younger, increase your confidence, prevent future dental damage, and motivate you to take better care of your teeth.
Dr. Pierson, Dr. Begnoche, and Dr. LeMaster have a combined 41 years of cosmetic dentistry experience in Wichita, KS. Through a combination of our doctors’ extreme attention to detail and clear communication with you every step of the way, we can assist in perfecting your smile.
Here at Wichita Family Dental, we offer:
- Porcelain veneers to correct cracks, pitting, chips, stains, and even slight misalignment or gaps between the teeth. Porcelain veneers provide instant, beautiful results.
- Crowns for more severe cracks or other damage to the teeth
- Dental implants to replace missing teeth
- Teeth whitening to remove stains from the surface of the teeth. Professional teeth whitening can deliver spectacular results up to ten shades brighter than whitening toothpastes, mouthwashes, strips, and gels.
- Gum recontouring to correct a “gummy” smile or make teeth look longer
- Invisalign® clear aligners to straighten your teeth without braces. Invisalign aligners help you achieve straight teeth with fewer trips to the dentist and in less time. You do not need to change your diet and the aligners are transparent and removable.
- Tooth-colored fillings to replace silver amalgam fillings
During your complimentary cosmetic consultation at Wichita Family Dental, your doctor will take your health history, examine your smile, discuss the possible causes of your symptoms, and discuss all the treatment options that can help you achieve your smile goals. We hope you’ll give us the opportunity to capture the look on your face when you see your brand new smile for the first time!
FAQs about Cosmetic Dentistry
What is cosmetic dentistry, and how is it different from general dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry combines both art and science to give you a healthy, aesthetic, flawless smile. While general dentistry is aimed at maintaining the health of your teeth and gums, cosmetic dentistry provides comprehensive treatment options that improve and preserve the way your smile looks and feels.
Common cosmetic treatments include:
- Teeth whitening
- Contouring/tooth reshaping
- Dental implants
- Tooth-colored fillings
- Smile makeovers
Why should I see a cosmetic dentist?
A cosmetic dentist is trained to safely and effectively provide a variety of treatments that are designed to enhance your smile. If you have missing teeth, you feel that your teeth are crooked, or you're an adult looking for an alternative to braces, a cosmetic dentist can help you achieve the beautiful smile you've always wanted.
How long will each cosmetic treatment take?
Just as every smile we treat is unique, so are the treatments we provide. While cosmetic treatment times may vary, some treatments are completed within one office visit.
Will my insurance cover cosmetic dental care?
Insurance coverage and out-of-pocket expenses for cosmetic treatment vary. Wichita Family Dental will work with you to provide several different treatment options, and we will coordinate with your insurance provider, if coverage is available. You will know all of your treatment costs up-front so that you can choose the best payment plan for your needs and your budget.
Am I a good candidate for teeth whitening?
Patients who experience the most benefit from having their teeth whitened:
- Are in good dental health
- Maintain good dental health (i.e. brush three times a day, floss, receive regular dental checkups every six months, etc.)
- May suffer from slightly discolored or yellow teeth
- Wish to improve the look of their smile for aesthetic purposes
- Are in good physical health
Are there any side effects with teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening is a safe, effective procedure, and does not typically include any negative side effects. Minor side effects may consist of:
- Increased tooth sensitivity to hot or cold
- White spots on the surface of the teeth (a potential side effect of at-home whitening systems)
- Nighttime whitening trays may cause additional gum sensitivity or irritation.
What are porcelain veneers?
Among all the Cosmetic procedures that we have available, porcelain veneers offer the ultimate value in aesthetics and gives the most natural results compared to other treatments. A porcelain veneer is a very thin piece of dental covering that is bonded to your natural tooth. This is a conservative alternative to dental crowns, but can also provide you the perfect smile that you have always dreamed of.
As one of the top of the line treatments in cosmetic and restorative dentistry, porcelain veneers are a good option for chipped, broken, worn down, and discolored teeth. They are also a recommended procedure for patients who want to improve the shape and color of their teeth. If you are looking for a great alternative for your orthodontic problems, then Wichita Family Dental can provide you with porcelain veneers, which may be just what you need to have a beautiful smile in the shortest amount of time.
What happens when you get porcelain veneers?
The procedure begins with a consultation with your Wichita Family Dental specialist who will walk you through the whole procedure of getting dental veneers and provide all the information that you need. Examinations will be taken such as dental impressions or imaging to make a full assessment of your dental needs. Your doctor will then decide based on your needs whether the veneers can be made in office or sent off to a dental lab. 95% of the time veneers are made in office and the entire procedure can be completed in one visit.
After making sure that the perfect color match and fit is achieved, the porcelain veneer is bonded to the tooth using special cement. It is then activated by a special light instrument that ensures a strong bond to your tooth.
Things you should know about getting porcelain veneers.
Before deciding on whether or not you should get porcelain veneers, Wichita Family Dental provides not only the benefits but also the disadvantages, if any, of getting this treatment.
Porcelain veneers are very popular among our patients because they provide the most natural results and can help make dark teeth whiter. Porcelain is well tolerated by the gums and is very resistant to stain, which makes it a good choice for dental veneers. The entire procedure is not as invasive as the other restorative treatments because it does not require taking off as much healthy tooth structure.