Dental Veneers in Wichita, KS
What are Dental Veneers?
Porcelain veneers from Wichita Family Dental are thin tooth-colored shells that bond to the surface of your teeth and immediately improve the look of your smile. They are quick and easy to apply and they have a perfectly natural look.
Veneers can cover tooth stains that cannot be whitened through bleaching. They can also correct the appearance of teeth that are chipped, worn, crooked, or misshapen. They can even fill in large gaps between front teeth.
If you are interested in veneers and want a price quote, try our free virtual consult!
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers from wichita family dental:
- Porcelain veneers are strong
- They have a natural-looking surface
- They can last for over a decade with proper care
- They can be placed with very little of the tooth enamel removed
- They are highly resistant to stains from coffee, tea, and cigarettes
Before you get veneers
- Your teeth and gums must be healthy before you get veneers. Your dentist can treat any disease or decay before your veneers are placed.
- Veneers are not always a good choice for patients who clench or grind their teeth, because the thin veneers may chip or break. If you clench or grind your teeth, your dentist may suggest you wear a plastic dental night guard while sleeping.
- Although your dentist removes a little tooth enamel as possible for veneers, the process cannot be undone once the enamel is removed.
- It is possible for veneers to come loose over time. In that case, new ones might be needed.
- As with all your dental care, discuss all your expectations and treatment options with your dentist. Regular dental visits are a must for keeping your teeth and gums healthy.
After you get veneers
- Veneers can chip or break under pressure. Avoid biting your fingernails, chewing on hard objects such as pencils or ice.
- It may take you a few days to get used to the feel of your new veneers. But do let your dentist know if your bite does not feel right after the veneer has been placed. He or she will correct it before you leave the office.
- You can still get cavities under or around veneers. Keep your teeth and gums clean by brushing and flossing each day. You can still get cavities under or around veneers.
Contact your Wichita Family Dental doctor if you have questions about dental veneers. If you want a price quote, try our free virtual consult!