Wichita Dentist – Managing Your Anxiety About Going to the Dentist
April is National Stress Awareness Month
We get it. A visit to the dentist is not something that most people look forward to. But at Wichita Family Dental, we want to do our part to change how patients perceive a visit to our dental office.
There are many reasons why people fear the dentist, and we don’t take it personally. Some patients have had negative past experiences at the dentist. Many patients fear needles, anticipate pain, or simply feel embarrassed. Whatever your reason, we want to assure you that Wichita Family Dental has a trusted record of easing dental anxiety and providing patients with a positive, personable, and comfortable approach to their individual and unique oral healthcare needs.
As highly trained healthcare professionals, the doctors and clinical staff and Wichita Family Dental are experts at treating patients who experience dental anxiety with compassion and understanding. There are many safe and comfortable techniques that aid in reducing a patient’s stress. If you feel anxious about visiting the dentist, here are our tips for staying calm:
- Speak up: If you experience dental anxiety, let our staff know so they can adapt their techniques to your individual needs. We encourage you to agree on hand signals to communicate with your dentist during your procedure. If you feel pain or discomfort at any time, use them to alert your dentist.
- Focus on Your Breathing: We tend to instinctively hold our breath when we are anxious, but this actually decreases your oxygen levels and may increase anxiety. Instead of holding your breath, focus on slow and regular breathing.
- Listen to Music: If the sounds of the dental office bother you, feel free to pop in your ear buds and drown them out with music, your favorite podcast or audiobook.
- Read our reviews; they speak for themselves:
Great dental office if you are fearful of dental work!
I went to get a filling done due to my old filling falling out. I’m a BIG BABY CHICKEN when it comes to the dentist, but they didn’t judge or laugh. Felt no pain during the entire appointment.
The best dental experience I’ve EVER had! I had bad tooth pain that was causing ear problems and I knew something had to be done. I have a very real fear of sedation so I put off getting my teeth pulled but the staff heard me out and with some compassion, got me to get it over and done with. No more pain!
I have not been to a dentist in over 25 years. I was nervous and scared honestly. The great people here made me feel relaxed and were very thorough with everything. I ended up having some teeth removed and do not believe it could have gone any better than it did. I will continue to use them as my dentist and recommend that anyone looking should give them a try.
- Let us help you relax. Enter our April referral contest to win a Traeger gift pack including a Traeger Tailgater Pellet Grill & Smoker, two packages of Traeger pellets, and a Traeger grilling tray.
Comments are closed.