Oral Hygiene Wichita Family Dental
Why is Oral Hygiene So Important?
Three out of four adults are affected by gum diseases in their lifetime. The best method to prevent cavities and parodontite is by practicing proper oral hygiene techniques, including brushing and flossing correctly.
How Should I Brush My Teeth?
- Choose a brush with soft bristles that fits in your mouth comfortably and fluoride toothpaste.
- Position your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to your gums and gently brush the outside surfaces of your teeth in a circular motion using short, gentle strokes.
- Hold the brush vertically to clean the inside surfaces. You should make several sweeps over each tooth and brush the gum tissue. Make sure you also clean the inside of the back teeth, the biting surfaces of your teeth, and the top of your tongue in the same manner.
- After you finish, rinse to remove any plaque you may have loosened. You can also use mouthwash to help kill bacteria.
How Should I Floss?
Bacteria may hide between teeth, out of reach of your toothbrush. Flossing can remove plaque from these areas.
- Start with a piece of floss roughly 18″ long. Wind most of the floss around the middle finger of one hand and the rest around the middle finger of the other hand.
- Use your thumbs and forefingers to position one inch of floss between your teeth. Gently move the floss between your teeth.
- Curve the floss into a C-shape and slide it beneath your gums. Move the floss around the sides of your teeth.
- After you finish, rinse to remove any loosened plaque.
How Should I Care for Sensitive Teeth?
You should consult your doctor if your teeth are especially sensitive as they may recommend a medicated toothpaste or a special mouth rinse for sensitive teeth.
Do I Need a Professional Dental Cleaning?
Oui! A professional dental cleaning will remove plaque from places you may have missed when brushing and flossing. It is important that you maintain your regular exams and dental cleanings to prevent gum disease and tooth decay.
You should try to eat a balanced diet and avoid sugar. You can keep your smile healthy by eating raw vegetables and fruit, plain yogurt, and cheese.
Pour plus d'informations sur l'hygiène bucco-dentaire, lire notre blog:
- DES RÉSOLUTIONS POUR UNE BONNE ANNÉE EN BONNE SANTÉ
- MOIS DE LA SANTÉ DES HOMMES
- AMÉRICAINS PLUS ÂGÉS ET SANTÉ ORALE
- SENSIBILISATION AU CANCER BUCCAL
- LES BASES DU BROSSAGE
- 5 SIGNES INHABITUELS QUE VOUS DEVRIEZ CONSULTER VOTRE DENTISTE
- COMMENT FUMER AFFECTE-T-IL VOS DENTS
- MALADIES QUI PROVOQUENT DES PROBLÈMES DE SANTÉ BUCCO-DENTAIRE
- SEPT SIGNES QUE VOUS DEVEZ APPELER WICHITA FAMILY DENTAL