High-Quality Dental Implants in Wichita, KS
A dental implant from Wichita Family Dental is an artificial tooth that has the same look, feel, and function as your natural tooth. Dental implants are surgically embedded into your jaw bone so they are permanent, durable, and have a very strong foundation. They allow people who have lost teeth to eat the foods they want and smile with confidence. Read on to learn more about dental implant options in Wichita, KS.
Benefits of Dental Implants
1. They look, feel, and function like your natural teeth.Chez Wichita Family Dental, dental implants and crowns are made to blend in with your natural teeth. The dental crown will be hand-colored and glazed to match the color of your adjacent teeth perfectly. en outre, a dental implant acts in exactly the same way as your natural teeth, unlike dentures which may affect your ability to eat or speak.
2. They can last a lifetime.With the proper care, dental implants from Wichita Family Dental can last the rest of your lifetime. The implant itself is made of a tiny titanium screw or post that will fuse with your jaw tissue to provide a permanent foundation for your crown. This makes them more cost-effective as a long-term solution than dentures.
3. No changes to your speech.en outre, while dentures may slip when you eat, causing you to mumble or slur your words, dental implants are a permanent fixture in your mouth. Your speech will be exactly as it was before the implant placement.
4. Continue to eat your favorite foods.Dental implants mimic your natural bite which means you can continue to eat the foods you love without worrying about the discomfort associated with removable dentures.
5. Maintain your appearance.Missing teeth can cause your face to appear sunken but dental implants from Wichita Family Dental will help maintain the natural shape of your face and your smile. This can improve your self-esteem and allow you to remain confident.
What are dental implants?
If you are looking for a permanent solution to your missing tooth, let the experts at Wichita Family Dental tell you how dental implants can improve your smile and oral health. A dental implant is an artificial tooth that has the same look and feel as your natural tooth. It consists of a titanium screw or post, abutment, and a crown. Dental implants are surgically embedded into your jaw bone so they are permanent, durable, and have a very strong foundation.
Patients that are healthy and have sufficient gum tissue can receive implants. If you are a qualified candidate, we can guarantee a very high success rate for dental implants and you will feel like you have your natural tooth back right after the procedure.
What happens when you get a dental implant?
The Wichita Family Dental doctors and their dental team will present a customized treatment plan for you after a careful evaluation of your situation. The treatment plan is based on your consultation and a series of tests like x-rays and tooth impressions. We walk you through the whole procedure and provide all the information that you need to know including the risk factors associated with surgery.
The procedure starts with the implantation of the tooth root. A small titanium post is surgically placed into the bone socket where the missing tooth used to be. The estimated healing time for this stage of the process is about 12 weeks, during which time the tooth root will fuse completely with your jaw tissue to provide a very strong and permanent foundation for the artificial tooth that will eventually be placed.
Once the tooth root has fused successfully, you will come back in for the attachment of the connector or abutment that will hold the artificial tooth or the dental crown. Based on your tooth impressions, artificial teeth will be fabricated by the specialists at Wichita Family Dental and they will be attached to the abutments. Your dentist will make sure that the artificial teeth match the color of the adjacent teeth and your teeth’s full function and natural appearance are restored.
What you should know about dental implants.
Dental implants are the best solution to missing teeth as they provide a permanent fix and they can help prevent additional damage to the tissue and bone surrounding it. Implants also instantly improve your appearance and speech and boost your self-confidence. They are durable and convenient, which is why they are such a popular choice at Wichita Family Dental. They require the same dental care as your natural teeth such as regular brushing and flossing. With proper oral hygiene, dental implants can last the rest of your lifetime, making them the most cost-effective option over time.
For more information about dental implants in Wichita, KS, lire notre blog: