Denture Care in Wichita, KS
Advice and tips on caring for your dentures
- Brush the inside and outside of your denture with a soft, nylon toothbrush with round-ended bristles
- Use denture cream instead of toothpaste. Toothpaste will scratch your denture.
- Rinse your denture with cold water. DO NOT use hot water as it will warp the denture.
- Check your denture for worn teeth on a regular basis.
- Keep your regular dental appointments.
- If your dentures feel loose, call your Wichita Family Dental doctor immediately for realignment.
- When not in use, cover dentures with water or a denture-cleaning solution to prevent them from drying out.
Denture Exams & Maintenance
You should visit your Wichita Family Dental doctor annually to have your denture examined. They will check for cracks, chips, cassé, or loose teeth. Your annual exam will also allow your doctor to detect any oral abnormalities.
Confort, Fit, and Integrity of Dentures
If you notice speech impediments, bite problems, or general loosening of your dentures, please call your Wichita Family Dental doctor immediately. DO NOT attempt to repair your denture yourself.
As you wear your dentures, your gum tissue will change and your denture may become more and more loose and move around your mouth. You should get your denture professionally relined every one to two years to keep your denture fitting tightly and functioning correctly. Chez Wichita Family Dental, we offer same-day denture relines for all patients – including those who had their dentures placed at another office.
Denture Rebase & Repairs
If the teeth of your dentures are in good condition while the material has worn out, your doctor may recommend a rebase. We will replace the acrylic denture base without replacing the denture teeth. If your denture is old or cracked, a rebase will fix it.
A damaged denture should be fixed immediately. A denture repair will restore a damaged denture to its original condition. Chez Wichita Family Dental, we offer same-day denture repair for all patients – including those who had their dentures placed at another office.
Pour plus d'informations sur les prothèses, lire notre blog: