Invisalign vs Dental Crowns
Over the last decade, there has been a significant amount of advancement in the dental space. Regardless of the dental problem you are facing, there will be some specialized treatment for it. Invisalign and dental crowns are very popular treatments and we at Wichita Family Dental provide both these services. Here, we take a look at how Invisalign is different from dental crowns in Wichita.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is essentially clear aligners that are used to straighten misaligned or crooked teeth. They are fast becoming the preferred option in place of traditional braces. As opposed to the latter, that need to be worn for months or even years, Invisalign offers a much faster and effective way to align teeth by shifting them little by little till the time they ultimately get positioned perfectly.
Each aligner is customized for you and you need to wear it for 15 days before it is replaced by the next aligner in that series. It’s important to keep in view that your Wichita dentist won’t recommend Invisalign for severe teeth misalignment and crowding problems. They will first assess the overall condition of your teeth before suggesting this treatment option to you.
Invisalign- The Benefits
Invisalign in Wichita is largely a lifestyle choice that also has a number of benefits including:
- The clear aligners are practically invisible when compared to traditional metal braces.
- Invisalign treatment is far quicker than braces due to the nature of their design. They are able to move multiple teeth simultaneously.
- The aligners don’t have any sharp corners, brackets, and wires which makes it very comfortable to wear even on a daily basis.
- It is easier to maintain oral hygiene when you have Invisalign as you can brush and floss as usual, which isn’t the case when you have braces.
- There are no restrictions around the food you can eat as you need to remove the aligner trays before meals.
- The aligner trays serve a dual purpose because they can also be used as mouthguards during the course of the treatment and after it as well (as whitener trays)
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are used in specialized dental restoration treatments. They are essentially prosthetic teeth used to cap dental implants or to encircle existing teeth. A dental crown serves two purposes- it is effective in restoring the integrity & structure of the tooth and also provides very good protection to the tooth under it as well. At our Wichita dental office, the priority is to preserve our patient’s natural teeth.
This means we recommend dental crowns only when they are the best option for you. Dental crowns in Wichita are available in a range of materials such a metal, porcelain over metal, full porcelain, ceramic over metal, and full-ceramic. You might need a dental crown if you have a:
- Dental implant
- Dental bridge
- Root canal
- Worn down tooth
- Severely discolored/damaged tooth
- Tooth with a very large dental filling
Invisalign or Dental Crowns?
As you can see, dental crowns are typically used as a cosmetic dental restorative procedure and can also replace missing teeth. Invisalign treatment has an entirely different purpose and is used to straighten misaligned teeth. If you already have crowns and are considering getting Invisalign treatment you might be wondering whether having crowns will affect that decision. But dental crowns don’t hamper the Invisalign process in any way.
Regardless of whether you need Invisalign or dental crowns or even both, we offer the best services at our dental clinic in Wichita. You are assured of world class dental services in comfortable, hygienic settings. We use state-of-the-art technology in our office and work closely with you to ensure that you get the kind of services you need.
Our excellent dental services come at very competitive pricing. To schedule an appointment or for any queries, please call Wichita Family Dental at this number- (316) 512-2353.
Comments are closed.