Teeth Cleaning in Wichita, KS
A professional cleaning at Wichita Family Dental will thoroughly clean your teeth and gums. It is necessary to prevent the progression of gingivitis and periodontal disease. It will also allow your doctor to evaluate your teeth for cavities, gum disease, and other irregularities. This evaluation may save you from expensive dental procedures in the future or catch undiagnosed issues such as oral cancer.
The benefits of professional teeth cleaning include:
Plaque removal. Even with proper brushing and flossing, it is nearly impossible to remove all plaque, and bacteria from your teeth and gums. If not removed, it can cause periodontal problems. Your Wichita Family Dental dentist or hygienist will use specialized dental equipment to thoroughly check for and remove plaque and tartar.
A healthier-looking smile. A professional cleaning can remove stains that may make your teeth look yellowed and cause you to look older.
Fresher breath. Regular cleanings can improve bad breath by removing plaque, tartar, and bacteria.
CALL US AT: (316) 630-9339
TO SCHEDULE YOUR DENTAL EXAM AND CLEANING NOW
the teeth cleaning process:
- Your Wichita Family Dental hygienist will use a scaler to remove plaque and tartar around your gum line and in between your teeth.
- Once your teeth are free of tartar, your hygienist will polish your teeth with an electric brush and gritty, flavored toothpaste. This process will remove any tartar left behind from the scaler.
- Your hygienist will then give you an expert flossing and have you rinse.
- Finally, they will apply a fluoride treatment.
- Your cleaning should not be painful. Instead, it will leave your teeth feeling clean and fresh.
Our office performs professional dental cleanings six days a week. We recommend professional cleanings twice annually, or every 3 months in certain cases.
For more information about oral hygiene, read our blog:
- RESOLUTIONS FOR A HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR
- MEN’S HEALTH MONTH
- OLDER AMERICANS AND ORAL HEALTH
- ORAL CANCER AWARENESS
- BRUSHING BASICS
- 5 UNUSUAL SIGNS THAT YOU SHOULD SEE YOUR DENTIST
- HOW DOES SMOKING AFFECT YOUR TEETH
- DISEASES THAT CAUSE ORAL HEALTH ISSUES
- SEVEN SIGNS YOU SHOULD CALL WICHITA FAMILY DENTAL