Same-Day Dental tooth Crowns –
Best Quality in Wichita, KS
A dental crown from Wichita Family Dental is a ‘cap’ that fits over your natural tooth. If your teeth are cracked or broken, a dental crown will hold them together. It will also protect a delicate tooth that has undergone root canal therapy.
- Restore broken teeth
- Replace missing teeth
- Fix chewing problems
- Hold dental bridges in place
- Support teeth with large fillings
- Offer support to misshapen or broken teeth
Cerec Same-Day Dental Crowns at Wichita Family Dental
Wichita Family Dental uses CEREC technology for the majority of our patient’s dental crowns. This allows us to restore your damaged teeth in a single visit at our offices in Wichita, KS.
Your tooth will be restored with no “temporary,” which means ONE visit.
What is CEREC?
- Chairside: The technology is used while you are in the chair
- Economical: The procedure is economical for the patient
- Restorations: The procedure restores your tooth
- Esthetic: The restorations are metal-free and tooth-colored
- Ceramic: The restorations are made of high-grade ceramic material that is compatible with your natural tissue.
CEREC allows your Wichita Family Dental dentist to restore teeth and place dental crowns and veneers in just one appointment. Our CEREC techs make your CEREC dental crown in-house so there is no need to wait for a lab to fabricate your restoration and no need to wear a temporary crown. Instead, you will receive the highest quality, most natural dental restoration in just hours so you can get on with your life. Your crown will be customized to your surrounding teeth with a perfect fit.
The CEREC Process
Your Wichita Family Dental CEREC tech will use a 3D camera to take a digital picture of your tooth. No need for traditional, messy impressions that can be uncomfortable and cause gagging. The digital impression is quick, clean, and painless. The CEREC software then converts the digital picture to a 3D model of your tooth and your CEREC tech will design your restoration within minutes.
Your CEREC tech will choose a ceramic block that closely matches the shade of your damaged tooth. It will be inserted into the CEREC milling unit, where two diamond-coated burs will carve the block into the correct shape. Your tech will color and polish your restoration so that it perfectly matches your surrounding teeth and your doctor will bond your ceramic restoration into place. Your same-day dental crown from Wichita Family Dental will be ready within hours.
What is CEREC used for?
- Inlay Restoration – a tooth-colored replacement of dental material lost to cavities
- Onlay Restoration – enamel-like material placed over old fillings to mimic the appearance of your natural teeth
- Crowns – tooth-shaped caps placed over the teeth to restore the damaged tooth to its original strength and appearance
- Veneers – thin tooth-colored porcelain bonded to the front of teeth to improve the appearance