Invisalign Vs Smile Direct Club
Everyone wants to have well-aligned teeth and a perfect smile. However, there are a number of orthodontic treatments to choose from, which can make it difficult to decide which one will work best for you.
We at Wichita Family Dental are the dental office that provides excellent orthodontic services. Many of our patients have heard about Smile Direct Club and the treatments they offer. They want to know how Invisalign treatment at our office differs from the former and which one they should opt for.
Our East Wichita dentists like to keep our patients informed about the different options available, what their pros and cons are and more. If you are having trouble deciding whether you should opt for Invisalign or Smile Direct Club, here is some information that can help:
What is Invisalign?
- In Invisalign treatment, clear aligner trays are used to provide results similar to traditional metal braces.
- These trays are virtually invisible and you can use them confidently in any professional or social setting, without feeling conscious about your smile.
- The lightweight and smooth plastic used in making the aligners is comfortable to use. Once you get used to these custom-made aligners, you won’t even know you are wearing them.
- They won’t affect your speech or slip out.
What Is Smile Direct Club?
- This company, too, uses clear aligners to help people gradually achieve better aligned teeth.
- Their services are designed to eliminate visits to a dental office.
- They focus on providing aligners and allowing the treatments to be completed by the patients, at their home.
- When you opt for orthodontic treatment from Smile Direct Club, you first need to locate a “SmileShop” in your vicinity.
- Your dental impressions will be taken at the SmileShop
- They give you the option to receive a dental impression kit via mail too.
- Once they receive your dental impressions, the aligners will be delivered to your doorstep.
Smile Direct Club- The Disadvantages
- Locating a SmileShop in your vicinity.
- Waiting on mail for the aligners.
- Dealing with the messy molds at home.
- Making multiple post office visits.
- Anonymous professionals handling your treatment.
- Added equipment costs.
Is Invisalign or Smile Direct Club a Better Option?
As you can see, there are some distinct differences between Invisalign and Smile Direct Club. Smile Direct Club eliminates the need for supervision by a dental professional during the course of the treatment.
With Invisalign, your East Wichita dentistwill be there to determine whether the aligners are working as they should and your teeth are moving as required.
The American Dental Association (ADA) strongly discourages the use of DIY orthodontics because it can result in more harm than good. Supervision by a certified Wichita dentist is crucial for all phases of your orthodontic treatment including:
- Periodontal and oral examinations
- Treatment planning
- Periodic progress evaluations
- Stable final assessment
During the examinations, if your dentist finds that the treatment isn’t delivering the expected results, they may recommend you switch to some other treatment like braces. Consistent supervision by our Wichita dentists helps ensure the overall health of your teeth. This prevents unnecessary complications like tooth loss etc.
Wichita Family Dental specializes in Invisalign treatments. As leading dentists, our team is highly experienced and knowledgeable in all forms of orthodontic treatment and care. The supervised treatment you receive from us helps achieve the best possible results.
We use the latest technology in our work and your Invisalign aligners will be custom-made at the most advanced labs. Invisalign aligners are comfortable, virtually invisible, and removable. They will help you achieve the beautiful smile you’ve always desired.
Your progress will be monitored with regularity and you can get perfectly aligned teeth and a beautiful smile reliably, safely and without any complications. For any more information about our specialized Invisalign services, feel free to call Wichita Family Dental at (316) 330-3960.
Comments are closed.